Monday, August 13

7 Weeks

** (Check out Kayla's videos at www.youtube.com/faustfamily) **

Kayla, we already knew you were an outstanding, above-average baby, but last night you proved it to us once again. You slept for 10 hours straight through the night! STRAIGHT! You didn't wake up once for a feeding! NOT ONCE! How amazing are you? VERY AMAZING! Will there be a repeat?

Now... if only mom and dad could sleep through the night, too, without waking up to worry about you, then we'd wake up feeling refreshed and rested too. But, cut us some slack, we'll work on that.

And, for some reason, you have developed an aversion to the outdoors. This is not good! Your stroller rides? They have turned into a cry-fest. I push, you cry. We don't make it very far down the street before I pick you up and push an empty stroller. I wonder, what kid doesn't like stroller rides? I hope you learn to like the outdoors!

Finally. Daddy fed you, rocked you to sleep and put you in your crib for the night. He clumsily hobbled in his cast from the rocking chair to your crib and miraculously you didn't wake up. For the first time in 7 weeks someone else got to put you to sleep besides Mommy! Kayla, you rock!


Kristi, Tikky and Kayla. All hanging out.


Your new favorite crib toy. It lights up! And plays music!

You love to be swaddled when you sleep. In fact, its the only way we can get you to sleep for your naps and bedtime.

No comments: