Things I thought I would accomplish while on Maternity Leave...
1) Complete unfinished projects around the house.
2) Go to yoga.
3) Visit the Farmer's Market weekly.
4) Go grocery shopping.
5) Learn to cook and love it.
6) Exercise.
7) Clean my house in absence of my cleaning service.
8) Go on family walks every evening when Aaron got home from work.
Things I actually accomplished while on Maternity Leave...
From the above list, zero things.
Things I thought I knew before Kayla came along...
1) That I absolutely want to work fulltime.
2) That I would go to all of the upcoming fall Michigan State football games.
3) I'll use babysitters all the time so I can go out every Friday.
4) I would get my pre-Kayla figure back.
5) Spit-up, drool, poop and boogers would totally gross me out.
6) That I would miss teaching piano.
Things I know now...
None of the above are true.
Its amazing how someone so small can change your life in such a big way.
Kayla, you've changed our lives forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment