Monday, December 10

My baby

When is it, that enough time has past that I can no longer say the words, "I just had a baby"? Am I still within the time limits to make that claim, even though your five and a half months old? Has it been too long? Not long enough? When's the cutoff?

I feel like I just had you. Like it was just yesterday. I remember so vividly being pregnant, delivering you, bringing you home from the hospital, that first nervous night at home we had with you. Everything is still so new and fresh, we're learning and making new discoveries everyday. But - reality check - you're going on six months old. It was impossible for us to imagine you at this smiling-kicking-drooling-laughing age when you were still just a newborn, sweet little angel.

The things that make me think I can't say "Oh, I just had a baby" are:
  • You're eating solid food
  • You're rolling everywhere
  • You've had your first bath in the big bathtub
  • You're scootin' and twistin' all over
  • You can say "ba, ma, ga, la" and "da"

Maybe I can't say "I just had a baby" anymore, but I think I still will. You're still my little baby. My sweet little baby.