Kayla, you are definately a photographer's challenge. The instant you see a camera come out you become quite uncooperative. Its like you know what we would like for you to do, you just have a different agenda. You don't want to stay still. And if you do stay still long enough for me to push the shutter, you don't want to look. And if you do look, you're not smiling. And if you do smile... well, you get the picture. Rarely do all three come together at the same time. I try everything to get your attention and make you smile for the camera... call your name, tickle you, say funny things, make funny sounds... all things that work like a charm when the camera's put away.
And then! Then! I see the smile... but you're off and running somewhere else. I must say you are not photogenic. And let me clarify that with meaning 'does not work well with the camera'; NOT 'unattractive' as your Daddy thought I was saying. Not in the least! You are so beautiful and adorable, that's why I want a picture of you! However, maybe its just the nature of a very busy 15 month old such as yourself. You've got too many things to check out and explore. I suppose posing for a picture, as happy as it would make me, does not fit in to your schedule.
Don't get me wrong Kayla, you are a very happy, smilely, sensitive, content child! You are very warm and loving and cuddly and quite funny too. You love to give kisses and hugs, dance and clap and play and read and run and play games and squeal with delight at the smallest things. You have the world's best laugh that's so contagious. These are all wonderful things that I wish were easier to capture on camera. That's all.
Kayla, listen closely. All I'm asking for is a pause, a look and a smile. At the same time. Do you think you can help me out?
1 comment:
Does she know the word, "NO!" I can kinda hear it as an answer to that question. :) Believe me, it doesn't get any easier. Especially when there is a second person sitting next to them that they want to tackle instead of sit quietly next to. :)
Post a Comment