Sunday, November 9

Cutting room floor

Kayla turned 1 back in June. Its now November. And I'm just getting around to getting her 1-year photos ordered. Not too bad considering that I didn't even get her 1-year photos scheduled until October.

Summer is such a busy time of year for us that I knew her photos were going to have to wait until the end of the summer in order for us to find the time. My whole goal for her photo shoot was to be on the beach, barefoot, in a sun dress, blue sky, sun shining, splashing in the waves, maybe a few gulls or boats in the distance... ahhhhhhh.

Fast forward to October. I finally secure a family friend to do our photos and we schedule a weekend. I knew it was getting a little late in the season to do a beach shot but we decided to go for it anyways. I was feeling a little guilty dragging my family out on the beach in summer clothing in less than ideal warm weather. People looking at the photo wouldn't know it was cold outside and that we were freezing, right? The day of the photo shoot finally arrived... and so did the 25mph wind and rain.

Okay, Plan B. Forget the summer beach shot. It was my fault, I procrastinated way too long, so we decided to turn it into a fall scene. We went on location to my friend Lori's property who has two beautiful red barns they just painted and 60 acres of woods, all a perfect backdrop to our photos. Paul, our photographer, took oh, probably 170 photos, of which we got about 50 good ones. (Not bad for a child who was less than enthusiastic about being outside in the cold and sitting on prickly bales of straw).

What you're seeing are the ones that didn't quite make the cut, but still give you a good idea of what a sweet, beautiful, entertaining little girl we have!

1 comment:

K. said...

I love this one -- she's too cute with those boots.