I had forgotten how fun Halloween can be. We had a great time going around the neighborhood, house to house, pulling Kayla around in the wagon. Our friends Missy, Lowell and Addison joined us too. Kayla loved it and managed to hang in there for several hours. I loved that it was 60 degrees out; kids didn't have to be all bundled up, in fact it was almost too warm with the ladybug jacket on. Everyone was taking advantage of the warm weather and hanging out on their front porch or driveway handing out candy...
but not to Kayla. A few neighbors had 'special' treat bags prepared just for Kayla with fruit roll-ups and yogurt bites, so I sacrificed and took the candy on Kayla's behalf. Kayla got to try her first sucker, we worked on about 6 of them through the night. She'd take a few licks, pucker up her face and throw it to the ground and then want another. That's okay, we'll stick to the crackers.
We love the little ladybug costume! Grandma picked that out
YEARS ago, long before any talk of grandchildren surfaced. I guess she was just being really hopeful. :) Well, it worked and finally it got put to good use.
Its the first time I've been trick-or-treating in years, thanks Kayla! Looking forward to many more halloweens, and knowing how your Dad likes to go all out for this holiday, next year's will be even bigger and better!






2 comments:
How adorable! She is getting so big!
awwww, cutest thing ever!!
Post a Comment