I started this blog when Kayla was just a few days old and we were fresh home from the hospital as new eager and excited parents. I decided I wanted to start a blog - had never been into "blogging" before - mainly for myself. If it was really true as I was told over and over - "They grow up fast!" and "Cherish every moment, it won't last!" than I needed something to remind me of the stages that would be coming and going in the blink of an eye. And thank goodness! They DO change so much and it DOES go by so fast and you DO forget what they were like and what they were doing as time marches on. But the blog wasn't only for me, it was for long-distance friends and family to stay up to speed on Kayla's life too. I mean, what parent doesn't want to show off their precious little star?! Essentially this was meant to be a digital babybook, the technological version of the yellow spiral bound version my mom lovingly created for me as a baby constructed with glue, paper and scissors.
And I've also recieved questions like "What happens if the website crashes?" or "What if the website isn't around forever and you lose everything"? Valid questions, but what did I have to lose? Nothing; I would still have fun creating it, it would keep friends and family happy, and if nothing else I will still have all my photos. See? Nothing lost.
Until last week happened. After our computer crashed the blog may be all I have left. We're counting on a good friend to be able to restore our files, but if he can't than at least I have this blog. The photos may be lost, but the blog remains!
1 comment:
OH, that's terrible! We had that happen to us too before we learned a lesson (the hard way) and bought an external hard drive. I hope your story has a happy ending and you are able to recover your photos!
Post a Comment