I do have updates and photos to share of recent happenings... our time with family in Indiana, visiting friends in Kalamazoo, and a Tiger's Game. Its not me that's holding things up - its our computer. We're having problems with it again (Not as drastic as last time though) so as soon as it's back up and running there will be more here to check out!
A short update - Kayla is now 22 months old and people are beginning to ask 'When's her birthday party going to be?' Well, that's a very good question. I haven't thought about it yet. What I do know for sure is that this year's party will be much smaller than last year's BIG one.
Here's some things our wonderful 22-month old is doing now:
She regularly speaks in 2 & 3 word sentences. Our two favorite phrases are probably "Doda bowl and plate" (Doda is Dora) and "Love you" (which sounds like Waa Woo); "Stroller ride" and "Play outside" are other cute ones. She's saying new words every day - just the other day I heard her say Garage, Avacado and Here you go for the first time (not in the same sentence). It's very cute to hear her put certain word combinations together because often she thinks very hard about it first and then repeats it a few times until the words come out clearly and in the correct order; she has finally learned to say her name - which sounds like "Kay-lay"; she is very intent on tyring to repeat everything said to her; she can recognize and say most letters of the alphabet; she loves to throw her arms around our neck and give big hugs; her favorite song is Deep and Wide; she is still stuck on counting One, Two, Nine, Two, Nine; she loves any and all babies; her favorite person to call on her toy phone is Baby Cassidy; she can ask for specific food items and videos by name - and will tell you when she doesn't want them; she regularly uses Please, Excuse Me and Thank you; she's very into cleaning up messes and spills she's made; she loves her back rubbed; her favorite food is probably popcorn (thanks to Amy and Kristi); she's given up trying to pronounce Yes so now she says "Okay" in its place and "No-kay" for No; and I love that she recalls family member's names on her own and talks about them, for instance Amy and Matt who she doesn't see very often. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment