Monday, August 17

Zoo mania

What a day! What a great way to spend a beautiful summer day - Kayla's first trip to the zoo! I don't know who was more excited: me or Kayla. We had a blast with Miss Melissa, Addie, Mitchell, Grandma Kathy and Kristi.
(Photo credits: Kristi)
Funny enough, we didn't really need the Detroit Zoo and its admission and all its bells and whistles to impress Kayla. Two of the most exciting attractions - if you can call them that - for her were the airplanes (as in the random airplanes in the sky that flew over) and the water (as in fountains). We could've seen "wa-wa" and "airplanes" anywhere, anytime... but it was the whole experience of the day that made Kayla happy. And me too. She had a ball. And I did too.
If you care to take the time to ask her what animal she saw today, as Aaron did tonight when he got home from work, she informed him that she saw "a cow". Nope. No she did not. She saw a rhino. When we approached the rhinoceros exhibit she insisted that it was a cow.

The "cow"/rhino exhibit.

Getting brave at the black bear exhibit. Getting a closer look at the prarie dogs.

1 comment:

SMJ said...

Man, I so wish I could've been with you guys at the zoo! I bet it was so much fun watching Kayla explore. Did she see any Hortons? We will have to take the cousins next summer. :)