Wednesday, February 17

Valentine cookies

We had the best intentions. Or rather, I should say, I had the best intentions... For Valentine's Day Addison, Kayla and I were going to bake sugar cookies, cut them into heart shapes, frost and decorate them and hand-deliver them to the nursing home where my Dad works. I was truly excited about this.

These were my grand plans. And they were grand, for someone who doesn't like to bake.

Instead, this is what happened: Aaron, Kayla and I all came down with a stomach bug. All at the same time. For three days we were immobile. During Valentine's Day week no less. And so, the Grand Cookie Plan was abandoned.

Until tonight! Hey, its better late than never I suppose. And so Kayla and I baked, frosted and decorated. By the numerous colors of frosting evidence left on Kayla's face it appears she had her fair share of cookies, and fun.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: