Monday, May 17

Girly girl

I think anyone that knows Kayla, or even anyone who doesn't know Kayla personally but reads this blog, can probably attest to the fact that we have a "girly girl". Kayla loves to wear dresses, and she's nicknamed all the dresses in her closet based on what color they are and which Disney princess also wears that color dress. Even after we get dressed in the morning she'll ask to wear a costume dress over her real dress. She loves to have her fingernails and toenails painted. She loves to carry lipgloss around with her. Kayla's not too into rough-housing, not a fan of getting dirty, getting better about wanting/liking getting wet, warms up to new adventures slowly, remembers to use her manners, takes her time, thinks things through, always asks for permission, follows directions, plays quietly...

And so what makes sense as the next logical thing for us to do? We sign her up for a sports class. We immerse Kayla in a 6-week summer class for 3-5 year olds called Sporties for Shorties. She will learn basketball, soccer and baseball.

And when I talked to her tonight about the class the first thing she asked me was, "Do I have a baseball dress to wear?"

Oh boy.
God gave us a beautiful, precious little girl when he gave us you, Kayla. We love everything about you and wouldn't change a thing! God made you unique and special and we love you inside and out!

2 comments:

kJoy said...

LOVE your photoshopping! Makes it even more heart-wrenching! CANNOT wait to come home and play with her again :) AND to see all her new sport skills!

Amy said...

Can't wait to hear more about the class! I hope she's still in it when we visit so I can see her in action first hand.