Monday, November 8

Dress shopping

Probably one of Kayla's dreams come true... to try on real gowns and spin around in front of an entire room full of mirrors. Kristi is in a wedding next summer so Kayla and I went with her to help her pick out the dress she's going to wear. Kayla's favorite was the green one.

Which reminds me... yesterday for church Kayla wore for the first time her Rothschild winter coat. Since Grandma A bought it for her when she was probably 6 mo old, it finally fits her. In fact, I hope I can get another winter season out of it too. At any rate, its a fancy, stylish coat which did not go unnoticed by Kayla. She put it on and immediately spun around and said "I'm a princess!" When we got to her Sunday School class she told me and the teachers she did not want to take off her coat. The teachers let her keep it on (mind you, it's heavy, big and bulky and Kayla is a constant furnance) and said they would help her with it later. An hour and a half later when we picked her up, she still had it on buttoned up clear to her neck. Her teacher told me they asked her if she was cold and she said "No, I'm hot", but still did not want it off. That's our little princess!

1 comment:

About Barb said...

Hey, I wore that orange dress in Joe's bros wedding, very comfortable (and even had pockets). Looks good on your sis too?