A few weeks ago, Christmas break actually, we started the project to redo the upstairs bathroom. The former Guest Bathroom officially became The Girl's Bathroom. It was time. With our family growing and most of our friend's families too, there are not as many "overnight guests" as there had been the last 6 years, so there is not much need for a guest bathroom anymore. And with another little girl on the way.... it was time to create a lively and bright kid-friendly bathroom.So, the bathroom went from white walls, gold fixtures and burgandy curtains to light blueish-grey walls, pewter fixtures, blue and green polka-dot rugs and towels, bird and squirrel towel holders, a woodland themed shower curtain with owls and squirrels accented by a 7' tall tree, bird and fawn (or reindeer to Kayla) wall decor. It's all Kayla's been talking about, how much she loves her blue and silver bathroom. In fact, she loves it and I couldn't be more pleased to hear her say that. Score one for Mom. She's still too young for me to bravely ask what she would like in her bathroom, i.e. I didn't want to hear "Little Mermaid" or who knows what else, so I used her age and time to my advantage to pick out what I thought she would like and what I would've liked, if I was three years old. We're SO proud of the finished product!









Actually, Kayla notices paint and colors of rooms anywhere we go. Recently, at our condo at Boyne Mountain, as we lay in bed reading books one night, she said "I really like this bedroom's color. I really like the paint in here". (It was as beige as beige comes). Later, in our condo's bathroom, she said "I don't like the color in here (white). I like my blue bathroom better."Well, her love for blue has spilled over into her room, her room that is yellow, green and pink. Not a blue speck anywhere. So, the other night Kayla says "I really love my blue bathroom. I wish my bedroom was blue". And I respond by saying that I didn't know she wanted a blue bedroom, but don't you like your pink bed? (which is only 2 months old...) And she says "No. No, I really don't. I really don't like any of the colors in my bedroom." Score zero for Mom. Kayla continues, "I would like blue walls, blue sheets, blue pillows, blue lamps, blue everything".
Well, she finally got a little blue in her room. A single blue bird from her bathroom now has its home in her room. She dictated where it should go, "It has to go way way way up high. And I want to be able to look at it everyday when I take a nap".
3 comments:
Oh my! I LOVE the tree and the new bath decore. Great job - you seriously should be a decorator for hire.
Oh. My. Gosh. AHHHHHH! ADORABLE bathroom! AHHHHH!!!! CUUUUSE! :D :D Thinks.
I love your blog. Simply love it. And the bathroom looks awesome!
Post a Comment