Monday, April 18

Playmate

Tikky has become Kayla's new best friend lately - her new obsession - and between giving Tikky countless hugs, carrying her around, playing with her, hunting her down, and putting her in Khloe's crib (where they have been silently disappearing for long periods of time with the door closed), it occupies most of Kayla's free time these days. It's as if Kayla has never had a pet cat in her life until this past week, but rather Tikky has been here since the beginning of Kayla's existance.

We've always felt lucky that Tikky has been such a great pet, so for the most part, Tikky plays along very nicely and tolerates Kayla's antics. But occassionally Tikky loses it (understandably so), gives Kayla a warning (which we are teaching Kayla to pay attention to), but then Kayla walks away crying for a few moments. Between Tikky's occassional cries for help and Kayla's occassional cries from hurt feelings, we are learning that we need to have Kayla give Tikky more "quiet and alone" periods of time throughout the day. Kayla is starting to ask first "Momma, can I give Tikky a hug?" because she knows that it might not always be the best idea. Sometimes its just better to pet Tikky instead of hug her or pick her up, but... well, that's just not as much fun.

No one can ever say that Tikky doesn't get enough attention and love!

"I'm dancing with Tikky!"

1 comment:

SMJ said...

This post is awesome and the pictures of Kayla with Tikky are so cute but I have to be honest. I keep looking at it because I L-O-V-E those curtains in the background! Beauuuutiful! Can't wait to hold Khloe in her gorgeous room...