Me, getting ready in my upstairs bathroom; Kayla, requesting to watch a movie downstairs -
Kayla: Can I watch the Velveteen Rabbit?
Me: Yes, but let me come down and turn it on for you because Daddy isn't going to know which channel that was on.
Kayla: (Pausing) How old are you?
Me: 35.
Kayla: How old is Daddy?
Me: 36.
Kayla: When Daddy is 35 will he know how to find which channel it is on?
Sitting at the kitchen table -
Kayla: Where can we see unicorns outside?
Me: We can't. There are no such things as unicorns. They are not real.
Kayla: Why aren't they real?
Me: God didn't make unicorns.
Kayla: Did he forget?
Me: (Laughing) Yes, I guess he did.
Kayla: Oh, that's why we can't see them! He forgot to make them!
Playing "restaurant" in the playroom -
Kayla: Tonight we are having clants to eat.
Me: Ymmmm clants. What are clants?
Kayla: They are yucky food.
Me: Oh, can I have ranch on them then?
Kayla: No. We don't have ranch.
Me: I don't want to eat yucky food at a restaurant, ma'am.
Kayla: Well, we have yucky food and some good food too.
Me: Can I have some of the good food?
Kayla: No, you may not.
1 comment:
Kurt and I definitely want to try clants when we are there next week. He wants them fried and I would prefer them steamed. For Trav, we'll boil and puree them. Cassidy will shoot them raw. :)
Post a Comment