Kayla has had some sort of stomach bug this week and so I explained to her that sometimes when people don't feel well or they have tummy aches we say that they have a "bug" and that she must have a little bug in her tummy making her feel sick, and she said "I think it's a bee. When I was outside and I yawned, I swallowed a bee. The bee was eating all my food. That's why I had diareha". *UPDATE* Kayla informed us tonight that the bug in her throat (??) is gone because she is starting to feel better.
We've been talking about Sarah and Kurt's recent move to Iowa and how we'll have to fly in an airplane to go see them, and Kayla said "Now they live far away-er?"
Kayla to me: "When I grow up I want to be a Mommy just like you."
Kayla to me: "How old were you when you were a baby?"
(Kayla and I sitting on the floor together looking at photos in our wedding album)
"You and Daddy got married and then you had a baby in your tummy."
(Last night we slept in my bed together for girl's night)
Me: Let's hold hands.
Kayla: Yes, because we're in love.
Me: We are. I'm in love with you.
Kayla: I want to be in love with Trevor.
Me: (Mouth wide open in the dark, trying not to freak out, remaining calm) That's nice to be friends with Trevor.
Kayla: Yes, Trevor and I are friends.
(Trevor was Addison and Kayla's biggest nemesis last year at preschool. They couldn't talk enough about how mean he was to them. Tears were often shed over Trevor. And, this year the three of them are best friends and can't stop talking about each other each, asking to go to each other's homes to play and talking about how they chase each other on the playground. Trevor, I'm watching you!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope Kayla knows she's not dating until she's 30. And that's a long time away because I'm not even 30.
Post a Comment