Friday, October 28

Halloween preschool party

One Halloween event down - Kayla's preschool party! I told Ms. Sue that the kids should get the opportunity to dress up in costume and come to class like this once a month. But maybe that would just be fun for me and not the teachers.

Thirty four-year-olds in costume - no words can describe it. The kids did a trunk-or-treat in the parking lot; about 25 families participated by "decorating" their trunks. Translation? Kayla came home with a VERY heavy, OVERstuffed bag of goodies - pencils, erasers, stickers, chips, cookies, puzzles, coloring books, crafts and candy!

Kayla went as Jessie the Cowgirl from Toy Story and Addison went as Ariel Wedding Dress (which is Kayla's costume from last year; Addison's last minute costume change idea). I don't know who was more excited for the Jessie costume - me or Kayla. We started working on it earlier this week and at the beginning of putting it all together I about lost my patience and threw it out the window. I persevered and as it came together I got more excited. Maybe because it's my own handiwork, maybe because it's inexpensive, maybe because it's creative, or actually it's because the costume's finally NOT a Disney Princess! Yeehaw Cowgirl!

In true Michigan style, it was very very cold this morning. For the first time this year we woke up with a blanket of frost on the grass. Kayla said "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GRASS??!!!" So, winter coats and gloves were in order. I wish Halloween was warmer in Michigan!
 Yes, that's Little Mermaid carved into the pumpkin! Kudos to Ms. Melissa for her pumpkin-carving talent. (I will be placing my carved pumpkin faaaaaaaaaaar from hers so as not to make mine look less remedial).

 Emily, Kayla and Addison
 Group shot!
 Kayla is proudly showing off her Jessie belt buckle to her friend Emily; it was specially hand-crafted by Daddy. Instead of buying a brown belt with cowboy buckle (where would I find this in girls size 5??!) we decided to just make the buckle portion and pin it to her pants. Kayla told us "There's an animal on Jessie's belt." Oh yes, I said, it's probably a horse. "No, it's a moose". Turns out it is a bull. So Daddy drew a bull to match Jessie's belt buckle exactly. As you can see, Kayla's pretty proud. I am pretty impressed too.

No comments: