You and I share the same affinity for sprinkles - as in cookie decorations, ice-cream toppings. If there's any vice to have, I think loving sprinkles is a good one! Because you don't have a big sweet tooth you choose not to have syrup on pancakes and waffles, so our substitute? Sprinkles. Nothing like a little dash of rainbow sprinkles to start off your day.
You have a heart that "beeps" and two big brown "eye bulbs".
Dance Parties in the basement are special fun nights with the three of us. It's fun for the whole family. They never last less than 2 hours! It's a good workout for Mommy and Daddy and you say "this is so much fun!" Sometimes when we're all dancing, we pretend we're playing "ca-tar's".
Oh, how we guard your heart and fill it with love every day! But sometimes, when we don't even mean to, we do something that hurts your feelings. When that happens, admist the sobs and tears, you tell us that your heart hurts. It hurts our hearts ten fold to know that your sweet little heart hurts! I'm sorry now for the time a toy got put away when you weren't done playing with it, for the time in middle school when a best girlfriend betrays you, and in high school when a boy moves on to find another interest. We never want your heart to hurt.
Every. Single. Time. You have to go to the bathroom you make the announcement over and over again until I, or someone, acknowledges you. I have no idea why and to be quite honest, most days it drives me a little crazy. But I always remind myself that one day - probably sooner than later - you will no longer feel the need to make your announcement and will just get up and go all by yourself and that. day. will. make. me. very. sad.
I love that things in your world can be "more beautiful-er" and "the mostest biggest".
You have learned how to pump your legs to swing yourself on your swingset.
You make the word "these" rhyme with "because"... "bees I told you so!"
You always have to be the Leader (aka 'be first') - the leader up the stairs, the leader down the stairs, the leader to the car, the leader to the house. And as the Leader who is always the first to get somewhere, you annouce "I win!", but I don't know who you are racing. Then one day at school I heard one little boy tell his Dad he wanted to be the leader of him down the stairs. So that must be where you got it, at school. I'm guessing its a title your teachers let each student have on certain days.
You are forever hot. Hot in the summer and hot in the winter. The moment you think that you might be cold and you cover up with a blanket it's off in 10 seconds because you're hot again. You hate socks. You hate sweaters. You hate turtlenecks, "bees it makes me too hot". Your feet are like ovens. If we make you wear socks out of the house (and we do when you go to school and you hate it), the minute you get home they are off. It's winter now and you like to sleep in shorts and a tank top. Any more clothing than that and you just don't like it.
Since you were 3 years old you have said that winter is your favorite season and that you love snow. I thought that maybe you were just in love with the idea of winter and snow but that you couldn't possibly actually love winter. I mean, who loves winter? Turns out, you do. You really do love winter because you love to be cold. Now I believe you.
You sleep sideways in your bed with no pillow and not a single sheet, blanket or cover touching you. It seems to be the least comfortable way to sleep but you love it. You like to sleep with the door open, and for the first time since you got a bed two years ago, we let you.
On weekend nights we bring you into our bed to fall asleep with us. This is more for us than for you. We just love to cuddle with you and be with you so much! Then at some point in the night, when you're fed up with our covers and try to get into a sideways-sleeping-position, you ask to go to your bed.
When we play Barbie's or Polly Pocket's, one is always "Da Honey" and one is always "Da Sweetie".
You must've been feeling "more beautiful-er" this morning because you asked me to take your picture so you could pose! Where did you get these poses?! We don't know, but it made your Dad and I laugh!




1 comment:
Seriously!!! Wow!!! This post is hilarious and the pictures are killing me! Work it, girl! The camera loves you! Ha!
Post a Comment