Thursday, March 8

Author

Kayla has always loved writing stories on the computer. Long before she could spell she would ask if she could get on the computer to write a story, which was great practice because now that she can spell, her stories have evolved into actual things we can read. Here is her first official story she composed and typed all by herself. It took two nights to write it; the first sentence one night, the last sentence the second night.

I remember the very first story I ever wrote - I think it's still saved in my baby book - I wrote about toilets and their importance. I was about 6 or 7 years old and I vividly remember sitting in the back room in our home in Peoria at the typewriter typing my story. I was so proud. I wonder if Kayla will always remember her first story she wrote? At least hers is a better topic than toilets.

(For those who don't know, Merliah is a Mermaid Barbie)

No comments: