Saturday, January 5

6 months

Every time you turn another month older, I find myself saying, "Okay, this age is the best! This is the best yet. I love this month." But I say that same thing every month. But the truth is, every day with you is better than the last.

You are six months old. You are so close to crawling and it frustrates you that you can't coordinate your knees and hands to move at the same time. You get up in perfect form on your hands and knees, you get the motion going by rocking back and forth, you push up off your feet, one knee comes forward, and then! And then!..... You collapse back onto the floor. You can go backwards, but you are so determined to crawl that it won't be long now. You can sit up (with occassional assistance), you creep across a room to get what you want (usually something you probably shouldn't have), you continually throw everything to the floor and then try to find it, you cry when I leave the room, you laugh at our silly games, you like to play with remotes, cell phones and jewelry, you sleep through the night, and you've got two teeth! You weigh 18lbs and are 95th % for weight and length. What will the next six months bring? We can't wait to find out!
Looks like childproofing is in our near future.


Bathtime is so much fun these days! (Look closely, can you see my two bottom teeth?)



Daddy & daughter reading time.



Everything goes through a taste-test around here!


Chillin' with Mommy.

2 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

Great pics! I can't believe how old Kayla is getting!

Melanie A. said...

Poor Kayla - getting in teeth is such hard work!