Monday, June 8

Almost 2

At the time I had a few people ask me what the most difficult part about raising a one and a half year old was, and I always said it was the fact that she didn't have the words to communicate what she wanted or how she was feeling. It frustrated her when she wanted something and couldn't let me know, which frustrated me, and a meltdown (for her, not me) insued. I always said Once she can talk that'll help so much.

Well, now she can talk. And that poses a problem. Like when I when want her to wear her red shoes and she says "Too tight!". Or I want her to wear her hair up in pigtails and she says "No pretties!". Or I want her to come inside and she says "No! Play outside!" Or I give her juice in the pink cup and she says "No! Blue cup!" (You're catching the pattern by now, aren't you?)

Well, I'll still take hearing her cute, sweet little voice any day!

So, what's our Almost-Two-Year-Old like?

She's caring. She'll take those cute little fingers and rub your face gently and say "Hi Mama". She's in tune with her babies so intimately that she knows exactly every minute of the day when they have a dirty diaper that needs changing, when they would like to watch a movie or when they need their bottle and a burping. The best is when she reads a book to me at night complete with the finger lick to turn the page and all.

She's polite. If she needs to get by you, and you're in her way, she'll politely say "Excuse me".

She's smart. She's learned her opposites like hot/cold, up/down, in/out, up/down... her favorite though is BIG/little. Everything is BIG (as of course it would be to a almost-2-year-old) i.e. BIG stick! BIG baby! BIG cup! And everything for her is better with any of her music CD's; she loves music.

She's a fan. Daddy has taught her well, to root on the Tigers and the Red Wings. If she hears the Tigers on the TV she'll yell "Baseball!", but she much prefers the Wings. Aaron asked her if she would watch the Tigers game with him and she said "Ummmmm, no. Red Wings".

She's growing. She blew right past those 2T sizes and moved right up to 3T. Yup, that's right, another entire wardrobe change mid-season. And she's even sat on the big potty a couple times!

She's fast. Just you try and catch her in a shopping store!

Kayla, we can't believe you're going to be a two year old soon! Where has the time gone? We love you!

No comments: