Monday, June 8

The theme

I finally finished Kayla's 2nd birthday party invitations. After deciding on the theme a month ago and having the materials sitting on my desk for close to a month, they are done. With no more than 17 days to spare.

When brainstorming what sort of party to have for her this year, to follow up the fun ladybug theme for her 1st birthday party, I was stumped for awhile. What sort of party to have? So I asked myself "What is Kayla's favorite thing in the whole world?" Well, that's easy... yellow! Okay, so there's the color. What about her favorite item? Hmmmm, flower! Great, we'll have a yellow flower party. And because she is lucky enough to have a summer birthday, we'll have it outside. So its been decided: a Yellow Flower Garden Party. Well that was easy.

And just to confirm that I'm still on the right track, yesterday as Aaron was looking through the Toys R Us ad he asked Kayla what she wanted for her birthday and she exclaimed "Yellow"!

Check. One yellow birthday party coming right up.

No comments: