Monday, October 25

My baby

Kayla continues to be curious and protective of her soon-to-be sibling.

(I realize this information is coming out of order because I have yet to write about the night we announced to her that she is going to be a big sister. But, that moment was huge for us and so special that I have felt intimidated to document it here in writing. I'm still enjoying and soaking up the privacy of the moment between us three. But, soon... there will be something to read here).

Anyways, yesterday evening we were getting some much needed fall clean-up yard work done during the unseasonably warm 60-degree weather and Kayla asked me to hook up her automatic watering can on the hose for her so she could help by watering plants. In fumbling with the pieces to get the two attached, she said to me "Don't scratch my baby". Now, her 'baby' can be any number of random items throughout the day depending on what role she is acting out so I asked her "Baby? What's your baby?" And she replied, "My baby in your tummy. Don't hurt it".

That girl is always thinking! Love her!

No comments: