Kayla,
In the last couple of months, I've established Girls Day for us, or Girls Night, whichever the case may be. These days and nights are timed for those weeks when Daddy is gone on business trips. We don't like it when Daddy is gone, but this puts a positive spin on the time we have to ourselves. We have so much fun we almost don't notice he's gone! Almost.
In the last couple of months, I've established Girls Day for us, or Girls Night, whichever the case may be. These days and nights are timed for those weeks when Daddy is gone on business trips. We don't like it when Daddy is gone, but this puts a positive spin on the time we have to ourselves. We have so much fun we almost don't notice he's gone! Almost.
We both equally love our girl time. I know we both love having one-on-one time with each other and giving each other our undivided attention. We just hang out. We do whatever we want, when we want. Just us girls. And our motto for Girls Time? "NO BOYS ALLOWED!" Sometimes when I haven't even talked about Daddy leaving you will ask if we can have girls night anyways. That makes me happy that you look forward to our time together as much as I do. We always plan special activities that just us girls like to do, like painting our nails, shopping at the mall, coloring, holding hands, playing Barbies, making hot chocolate, sleeping in my bed, or just cuddling on the couch under a blanket with a bowl of popcorn.
Today, our day started out with you cuddling with me in my bed and ended with me cuddling with you in your bed. As I lay with you as you fell asleep you said, "Let's talk about our day!" Okay, Kayla, here was our day:
Daddy brought you into our bed early this morning as I still slept. You immediately told me that you love me (about 7 times), kept giving me kisses on my nose and put your arm under my neck so you could cuddle with me. (By the way, this is a great way to wake up any morning!) Cuddling to you means that we have to lay facing each other with some part of our heads or faces touching. Then we got ready and headed out to Great Lakes Crossing where we shopped, shared a small bowl of peanut butter gelato and a cheddar cheese bagel with cream cheese. Then we came back home and listened to Christmas carols and wrapped Christmas presents. I have to say that I waste a lot less paper, tape, ribbon and tags, make half the mess, and get the job done in about a fraction of the time, but it was still fun to have your help, or at least have you hang on my back giving me hugs. Then we wound down our night by playing games on the computer together (I can't believe how good you are at navigating the keyboard!) and headed up to bed.
As we sat there at our little table-for-two at the gelato cafe this afternoon, I tried to make time stand still by just staring at you. I enjoyed just sitting. Just watching you as we smiled, laughed and ate together. We had no where to be and no where to rush to. We just took our time absorbing the moment. You taught me how to be in the moment, Kayla. I'm glad that for an afternoon time stood still.
And that, Kayla, was our very spontaneous Girls Day together. Can't wait for our next one!
Today, our day started out with you cuddling with me in my bed and ended with me cuddling with you in your bed. As I lay with you as you fell asleep you said, "Let's talk about our day!" Okay, Kayla, here was our day:
Daddy brought you into our bed early this morning as I still slept. You immediately told me that you love me (about 7 times), kept giving me kisses on my nose and put your arm under my neck so you could cuddle with me. (By the way, this is a great way to wake up any morning!) Cuddling to you means that we have to lay facing each other with some part of our heads or faces touching. Then we got ready and headed out to Great Lakes Crossing where we shopped, shared a small bowl of peanut butter gelato and a cheddar cheese bagel with cream cheese. Then we came back home and listened to Christmas carols and wrapped Christmas presents. I have to say that I waste a lot less paper, tape, ribbon and tags, make half the mess, and get the job done in about a fraction of the time, but it was still fun to have your help, or at least have you hang on my back giving me hugs. Then we wound down our night by playing games on the computer together (I can't believe how good you are at navigating the keyboard!) and headed up to bed.
As we sat there at our little table-for-two at the gelato cafe this afternoon, I tried to make time stand still by just staring at you. I enjoyed just sitting. Just watching you as we smiled, laughed and ate together. We had no where to be and no where to rush to. We just took our time absorbing the moment. You taught me how to be in the moment, Kayla. I'm glad that for an afternoon time stood still.
And that, Kayla, was our very spontaneous Girls Day together. Can't wait for our next one!

2 comments:
I think my whole heart and mind and body melted into a pile of "warm fuzziness" <3
I love this post. I look forward to this same kind of day with my Cassidy in not too long. P.S. Do you ever let other girls in on your girls days??!! If so, sign me up!
Post a Comment