Kayla has a fascination for the major bridge/highway construction project happening near our home, which we happen to drive by several times a day. She is always asking about the "workermens" and if they have homes and where their homes are, if they have kids, if they eat, why they cut down trees, and why they don't work sometimes (weekends) and on and on. I love having conversations with her about the "workermens". Today we had another conversation about them as we were driving through the construction:
Kayla: What are the workermens doing? Are they making roads?
Me: Yes, they are building new bridges and new roads.
Kayla: Is it going to take them a long time?
Me: Yes, it's going to take a very long time.
Kayla: Maybe we should help them.
Me: Well honey, it takes special people...
Kayla: I'm special.
Me: Yes you are very special, but it takes people skilled in construction with tools and equipment to do the work.
Kayla: Maybe I could hand them their tools.
Me: That's a good idea. I'm sure they would really appreciate that.
Kayla: Daddy has tools. Maybe Daddy could help and we could share our tools with them.
Me: That would be great honey.
No comments:
Post a Comment