Friday, June 25

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza

Friday, June 25

Your "Sporties for Shorties" class kicked off your birthday by starting today. I know that you were excited, but Daddy and I were so excited for you that we could hardly stand it. Daddy was so pumped to have you dressed in a 'sporty' outfit with your Spartan t-shirt and baseball cap. So much so, in fact, that he also wore his matching Spartan t-shirt and baseball cap to be just like you. He was so proud, I just know it.

There are 12 kids in your class (including Addison) and about as many coaches. They divided your class into three groups of 4 kids - you were in the "all girl" group. You rotated between three stations - hitting practice, pitching practice and running the bases. Your class is for 3-5 year olds and I'm sure you are the youngest since you literally turned 3 the day the class started. You did great - you kept right up with all the "big" kids! Honestly, there is nothingnothingnothing more cute than seeing you - in your extra long yellow t-shirt and green baseball cap - so independant and brave holding your coach's hand, listening for instruction and following directions. Daddy and I's eyes were brimming with pride, and maybe a few little tears. Five more weeks of this class to go! (Yes, that means 5 more weeks of photos). It's the highlight of my week! Addison and Kayla holding their coach's hand getting ready to go up to bat.Swing batter batter, swing! Getting ready for pitching practice.
(Notice Amy and Aaron standing behind Kayla taking photos. I guess we were those people.)

No comments: